Intellectual Property Office
The Intellectual Property Office is the government body responsible for intellectual property (IP) rights including patents, designs, trade marks and copyright.
New Deal for Innovation - Innovators Toolkit
New Deal for Innovation (NDI) is supporting small businesses by developing an innovators toolkit. The toolkit offers tools, advice, expertise and methodologies to support innovation by taking businesses through an innovation process by providing information on 9 main topics:
- Finding ideas
- Being more efficient
- New product development
- Organising a project
- Financing a project
- Building a winning team
- Who can help me
- Knowing the rules of the game
- Growing sales
Department for Business and Innovation Skills (BIS)
BIS is the government department responsible for economic growth, investing in skills and education to promote trade, boost innovation and help people to start and grow a business. The website contains free information and access to support for start-ups and growing businesses.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
UKTI works with UK based businesses to ensure their success in international markets through exports. We encourage and support overseas companies to look at the UK as the best place to set up or expand their business.
Innovate UK, previously the Technology Strategy Board, fund, support and connect innovative businesses to accelerate sustainable economic growth.
Innovate UK is responsible for:
- providing new support for innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with high-growth potential
- making sure that government initiatives such as SBRI (Small Business Research Initiative) attract innovative UK businesses and give companies access to important customers in the public sector
- identifying and invest in the sectors that have the greatest potential for innovation to speed up economic growth
- helping innovative companies work with their backers so their ideas can be developed commercially